As we develop websites for clients at Spectrum Marketing Group, creating a mobile friendly experience for users is paramount to true project completion. As the consumers in today’s marketplace evolve, the importance of mobile websites continues to grow at exponential rates. Consumers are spending more internet usage on mobile devices as well as tablets. They expect a quality experience, and expect to be able to access the information they are looking for quickly and without the fumbling their fingers through several pages of a website.
I recently came across a great study (@MarketingLand) that provided numerous statistics on consumer expectations when surfing the net on mobile devices:
How Smartphone Users Feel About the Mobile Browsing Experience
1) 96% of smartphone users have encountered sites that weren’t designed for mobile devices.
2) 67% of users are more likely to purchase a product or service from a mobile-friendly site.
3) 74% of users say they’re also more likely to return to a site in the future if it’s mobile-friendly.
4) On the other hand, 79% of users who don’t like what they find on a mobile site will go look for the information they need on another site.
5) Additionally, 52% of users said a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company.
6) And even if users really like a business, 50% of users will use that business less if their site isn’t mobile-friendly.
7) 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when on sites that are poorly optimized for mobile. 36% say they feel like they’ve wasted their time when they visit those sites.
8) 48% of users that report a business’ site didn’t work well on their smartphones took it as an indication the company didn’t care about their business.
Smartphone Users’ Ideal Browsing Experience
9) 76% of users want to get location or operating hours from a mobile site.
10) 61% of users want to be able to click-to-call a business on their mobile site; 54% are looking to send an email.
11) 53% of users want to download an app on a business’ mobile site.
12) 48% of users want to be able to access a company’s social networks from their mobile site.
13) 41% of users want to be able to play a video clip from a business’ mobile site.
14) 78% of users want to be able to find what they’re looking for on a mobile site in just one or two clicks. The same percentage of users cites a desire for a search bar that’s both easy to find, and to use.
15) 76% of users want a business’ mobile site to fit the small screen of their smartphone better. 64% said they want to only scroll up and down, not left and right.
16) 69% of users called for bigger buttons that are friendlier to their fumbling fingers.
17) 74% of users want mobile sites to look clean and efficient.
18) 74% of users also cited they want the option to go to a full, non-mobile site version.
19) 73% of users want a company’s mobile site to make it easy to save information from the site for future reference.
20) 73% of users also cited a need for less long forms — forms should have few fields, and not require too much scrolling.
Is your website mobile friendly?? Would you like to rank highly when consumers search online for your product or service? Call Spectrum Marketing today at 508-990-0438 to learn more about how we can help you accomplish these goals.